Our meetings are Thursdays, 6p – 9p
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR MEMBERSHIP IN CIVIL AIR PATROL YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- You possess the desire and willingness to promote the objectives and purposes of CAP.
- You are at least 12 years old and have a satisfactory academic record.
- You are a citizen of the United States of America or are an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence to the United States of America and its territories and possessions.
- You have never been convicted of a felony and are not presently awaiting trail for a felony.
- You are not now, nor have you been within the last year, dependent on any drug, including alcohol. (This does not include medicine prescribed by a medical doctor, but such use must be reported to the squadron commander.)
- If you are a former member of CAP, you were not terminated for cause.
BEFORE JOINING CIVIL AIR PATROL YOU MUST AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Meet CAP grooming standards.
- To obey the decisions of those in authority and to follow and adhere to the appropriate regulations and the Constitution and By-laws of the CAP Corporation.
- That only corporate officers, as defined by the Constitution and By-laws, are authorized to obligate the Corporation. This includes the signing of any contract or commitment of corporate funds or corporate property.
- That the Corporation will not be liable for the loss of, nor damage to, your personal property when utilized for, or on behalf of, CAP.
All of the above may sound like a very serious obligation. Well, it is! CAP saves lives, and sets leadership examples for the entire nation.
WHEN YOU ARE READY TO COMMIT TO CAP, AND TO ELOY COMPOSITE SQUADRON, HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Attend three consecutive, full meetings. You can turn in your paperwork at the 3rd meeting.
- Meet the dress and grooming standards for a basic cadet (haircut, squadron alternate uniform, etc).
- Review the information in this guide with your parents. Complete the paperwork at the end of this document as well as the CAP Form 15 (application), complete your physical (if necessary), and bring a copy of your most recent report card (signed by your parents). Cadets must maintain a “C” average to be allowed to attend weekly meetings and activities. Report cards will also be submitted throughout the school year.
- The squadron Membership Board will review all applicants and applications and recommend membership eligibility to the Commander.
- Upon approval, your membership will begin when Headquarters has processed your application. Shortly thereafter, you will receive your membership card and training books. After you have received your CAP membership number, you will have to establish your eServices log-on and start to obtain your First uniform.